Siberian beauty — fir — grows exclusively in areas with ecology close to ideal. This tree does not tolerate air polluted by industrial emissions, so it can be found in areas with a safe environmental situation. These “Islands” still remain, but every year they are becoming less and less.
Fir needle oil is famous for its unique properties, which are not found in other types of oils from needles. In this article, you will learn how it may differ from other similar products, the healing properties and range of its action. It is successfully used for the treatment and prevention of various diseases, but has a number of contraindications, which you can find below.
- What is the difference between fir oil and essential fir needle oil
- Chemical composition of fir needle oil
- How and when to use fir needle oil
- Instructions for checking the oil for naturalness of the composition
- Indications and contraindications used essential fir needle oil
- Recipes and methods of application of Fir needle oil
- Fir needle oil on the guard of beauty and health
- Essential fir oil selection and storage features
- Fir needle oil – Side effects and precautions
What is the difference between fir oil and essential fir needle oil
To understand the nature of useful properties and properly use plant oil of fir trees, you need to notice differences from the eponymous essential oil. Both are made from plant raw material. But esters are obtained by pressing, extraction, or distillation.
Essential fir oil can not be applied to the skin in its pure form and moreover taken inside due to its the high concentration.
Fir plant oil is also produced from cones, young tree shoots, needles, which immediately makes the product more affordable. But the main advantage is the preservation of all healing properties at a safe concentration for the body. This means you can not burn yourself, harm the mucous membrane.
Of course, there are restrictions, namely:
- Caution should be observed for allergic persons, people with disabilities in the area of the respiratory system, children, pregnant and lactating women.
- Contraindications are epilepsy and all types of renal pathologies. An invaluable supply of triglycerides, phospholipids, fatty acids and other useful substances, as well as the ability to actively affect the nervous system makes fir potion a product necessary for every family first aid kit.
Fir oil, which we produce, is obtained by steam distillation. For this purpose, pine legs are taken in diameter up to 0.8 cm., the temperature of the steam should be about 110 °C. Since the oil is insoluble in water, after the condensation process it forms a layer of distillate on the surface, which is then separated in florentine. The production of coniferous essential oil is based exactly on this technology. A fir cooker (the name indicates its narrow specialization) is a special device used for the manufacture of fir essential oil. About half an hour after the start of steam distillation, the separation of the essential oil becomes intense and keeps this level for about 16 hours. After the oil is separated from the water in florentine, it should be allowed to settle (usually it takes three days or more).
Chemical composition of fir needle oil
Fir oil contains a large number of useful substances, and its chemical composition belongs to the category of complex. Because this product is a mixture consisting of camphene, turpentine, borneol and bornyl acetate – the most valuable and rare component. Besides in the composition of fir oil were found: beta-carotene; ascorbic acid; tocopherol; tannins; phytoncides; monoterpene hydrocarbons; oleic, Caproic, lauric acid; flavonoids; cineol.
People knew and used antiseptic and bactericidal effect of conifers, which in fir oil is much stronger long time ago. Therefore, perhaps the most popular reason for turning to pine medicine is the need to disinfect the wound or neutralize the source of inflammation.
No less popular are restorative procedures: baths, steam rooms and rubbing with the use of the composition, which perfectly deal with stress, fatigue, insomnia and even neuroses. Siberian fir, grown in ecologically clean areas, is rich in vitamins and phytoncides, which makes the product of it a popular tool for general strengthening and enhancing the immune system.
Cosmetic defects, such as boils, acne, pustular rashes, edema, can also be cured. Cosmetology uses coniferous drug to fight skin wrinkles, restore tone, which allows you to look younger.
Important! This product has an effect on mental health and stabilizes the nervous state. It helps to take reality for reality, not to build illusions and enjoy the simple details of life.
The pronounced aroma of pine needles has a vasoconstricting effect and helps in restoring blood pressure. For the same reason, the use of alcohol, spicy food, tonic drinks and smoking is prohibited during the use of fir oil.
How and when to use fir needle oil
It is difficult to name an area in which this product is not used. Insect bites, calluses and blisters, papillomas, massage and anesthesia of arthritic joints — with all these troubles, the treatment of the corresponding area with fir oil brings relief.
This product has long attracted the attention of folk healers and representatives of official medicine, engaged in the treatment of diseases of the SMA (supporting-motor apparatus). Fir oil helps: to restore cartilage and slow down the aging process; improve blood circulation in the soft tissues, including those surrounding the joints; eliminate pain and swelling; get rid of stagnation of lymph and blood; remove inflammation; improve the condition of the joints and strengthen tissues (joint, bone and muscle). If you follow the rules of use, this unique product can restore mobility to the joints, partially or completely eliminate the disagreeable sensations when in motion.
Fir is easy to cope with different kinds of fungal infections due to its pronounced antibacterial properties. For combating not severe colds baths, compresses and inhalations based on an oil solution are effective. The dosage should be determined by the doctor. In rare cases, the doctor may prescribe lubrication of the tonsils and instilling in the nasal passage. But you can decide on such a serious intervention only under the supervision of a specialist, as there is a high probability of allergic reactions.
Fir needle oil must have a 100% natural composition to manifest healing properties and cosmetic effects. In order for fir oil to be useful, it is necessary to take a responsible approach to its choice. If you use a composition with artificial components or a product that has run out of shelf life, you can get the opposite effect. In order to manifest the healing properties and cosmetic effects of the essence, it must have a 100% natural composition. There should be no synthetic impurities used by some manufacturers to reduce the cost of the product.
Instructions for checking the oil for naturalness of the composition
- Pay attention to the color and consistency (it is recommended to check by pouring into a clean glass container). Fir oil with the correct composition is absolutely transparent, there are no impurities or third-party components. The color is with light shade of yellow or green, but not saturated. If the temperature falls below 15 degrees Celsius, some turbidity of the composition is allowed, but when it is heated, it should again become transparent.
- Check the fat percentage. Apply a drop of fir oil to a clean white sheet of paper and check after drying. If there is a greasy trace, it means that the composition is not natural and diluted with other fatty oils (plant or olive). The 100% fir composition has no fatty impurities, and it will not leave any traces.
- Smell the scent. The natural extract has a pleasant coniferous aroma, which is constantly changing (this fact is due to the fact that its various components evaporate at an uneven rate). in the aroma of fir oil should not be sharp notes and unpleasant impurities.
Indications and contraindications used essential fir needle oil
The list of joint and neuralgic diseases to be treated with fir oil is solid:
- arthritis and arthrosis (ankle and knee joint)
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Joint pathology
- Lack of nutrients in the cartilage, provoking the appearance of pain
- Cervical hernia
- Mechanical damage to the ligaments
There is a misconception that natural remedies, in particular, infusions made from plants, decoctions and oils, are absolutely safe. But it is due to the rich content of various elements, a pronounced effect on the body and a high concentration that you need to be especially careful when using such medicine.
The list of restrictions is quite large. First of all, these are allergy sufferers and people with lung disorders, pathologies of the respiratory system. It is forbidden to use fir oil for pregnant women and mothers during lactation. Children under 10 years of age should use inhalations only as prescribed by a doctor and with preliminary testing of the body’s reaction.
The powerful vasoconstrictive effect of this oil makes it dangerous for people with high blood pressure and excludes its use against the background of alcohol, smoking, eating spicy food and drinking energy drinks. Also, the tonic effect should be taken into account when combined with other medications. With attention to the peculiarities of the body and thoughtful use of fir oil forest beauty will give you and your family a truly Siberian health.
Recipes and methods of application of Fir oil
Optimal results can be achieved if the simultaneous use of fir oil and medicines prescribed by a doctor. A comprehensive approach is especially recommended for severe clinical cases. In the early stages of joint diseases or recurrent discomfort, the patient has a chance to get rid of disagreeable sensations through effective medicine.
Salve on lard
For its preparation, you will need hog or melted fat, which is taken in an amount of 100 g. After that you need to add 1 tbsp of fir oil, beeswax and ammonia to fat. First, fat and beeswax are melted in a water bath. After 20 minutes, fir oil is added to the composition, and last of all (after 30 minutes) – ammonia. Ready ointment should be stored in the refrigerator, in a container of dark glass. It is used in cases when you have pains in the area of joints or vertebral column.
Fir needle oil + Honey + Shilajit
This is not even an ointment, but a real regenerating balm! To prepare it, you need 2 grams of Shilajit and 5 drops of water. Mix thoroughly with water until mass becomes mushy. Next, you need to add 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of fir oil into the mush. Before each use, it is recommended to mix the solution. Apply a thin layer of balm, then gently rub into the skin. The procedure should be carried out in the morning and evening hours.
Baths for problems with ankle or knee joints
The bath will be especially useful for people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Fill a suitable container (basin, bucket) with moderately hot water. For each liter, add 2 drops of fir oil. Settle yourself down so that the water completely covers the problem joint. The exposure time is 20 minutes. To achieve a pronounced therapeutic effect, the procedure should be performed every night during two weeks.
Therapeutic bath for problems with the spine and joints
Fir oil is poorly soluble even in hot water, and to facilitate this process, it is recommended to prepare an emulsion. Take 100 ml of hot milk and drip 25 drops of fir oil into it. Pour the emulsion into a bath filled with moderately hot water. Duration of water procedures is no more than half an hour. In cases of renal diseases, you can not take such a bath.
This recipe is for those who have pain in small joints of the hands. Take a bowl, pour 2 liters of hot water into it, dissolve 1 tbsp of sea salt in it and drop 7 drops of fir extract. Lower the brush into the water for 10-15 minutes. After that, you need to dry your hands with a towel and massage the fir oil in the areas located above the problem joints.
1. Warm up the sore joint with any loose product (salt, grits), heated in a pan and placed in a canvas bag. Soak a sheet of parchment with fir oil and attach it to the problem joint, fixing the bandage. Remove the compress after half an hour.
2. Treatment of the ankle joint involves the use of heated iodized salt, in which you need to drop a few drops of fir oil. Salt is then poured into a sock or bag of cotton fabric. Apply a hot compress to the joint and hold until the salt cools.
3. Prepare a solution consisting of 1 cup of warm water, 3 tablespoons of sea salt and 6 drops of fir oil. A piece of fabric made of natural fiber should be saturated with the solution and gently squeezed. Attach it to the sore joint, cover the top with cellophane and provide with heat insulation by wrapping the joint with a scarf. Fix the compress and keep it no more than half an hour.
In the absence of contraindications for massage, you can use this product in its pure form. Only it is not necessary to show excessive diligence – the amount of oil should be limited, and movements — not too intensive (light massage).
In order to improve the sliding of the masseur’s hands on the patient’s skin, rubbing should be carried out with a mixture consisting of 10 g of melted lard or vaseline and 10 drops of fir extract. After the procedure, it is recommended to cover the area of the body that has been rubbed with a scarf, or better — a belt made of dog or camel hair.
Helps with arthritis, osteoarthritis and osteochondrosis. Massage is performed after a bath, sauna or hot bath (the body should be steamed). The procedure requires a massage cream consisting of olive and fir oil (1:1). The masseur performs movements: kneading, circular, rubbing. The movements are performed continuously for 20 minutes, after which you need to cover the patient with a blanket. This procedure is performed before going to bed.
Fir needle oil on the guard of beauty and health
Fir oil is a squeeze obtained from needles and young sprouts of the same name tree. The latter is common in Mongolia, China, the far East and the Korean Peninsula. Interestingly, the fir can grow only in places with clean air and in the absence of chemical exposure from the outside. This is why the oil is one of the safest in home use.
Fir oil is usually sold in dark bottles with a dispenser. The product is obtained by steam distillation: the raw material, which is always harvested in the summer, is heated to high temperatures, but not subjected to boiling. The result of this process is the separation of the source product into water and ether. The latter has a pronounced coniferous aroma. Some people smell mint and lemon when they open the oil. The color of the product is yellowish-green, the consistency is liquid and fluid.
The main thing is the composition of fir needle oil
The main component of fir ether is bornyl acetate, which has pronounced anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. The tool also contains the following components:
- Volatile, phenols, camphor, and myrcene bisabolen. All these substances if taken regularly actively strengthen the immune system, fight against ” bad ” bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract and relieve minor internal inflammation.
- Vitamin C. Has a pronounced antioxidant property, which means that it fights free radicals and inhibits premature aging of cells.
- Tocopherol (vitamin E). Accelerates metabolic processes at the cellular level.
- Other substances: pinene, limonene, turpentines, carotene, etc.
Spreadsheet: Properties fir needle oil and why it is important to know about them;
|Deeply cleanses the skin and fights acne and black spots.||Helps the work of the immune system. If you use oil, the risk of pathologies in the body is minimized, it improves overall health and increases resistance to seasonal diseases.|
|It smoothes the skin and helps to increase the synthesis of collagen and elastin. As a result, the skin becomes smoother and more resilient, and small wrinkles are smoothed.||Cleanses the body of accumulated toxins.|
|Tones and rejuvenates the entire body, which is especially useful for chronic fatigue syndrome and exhausting physical or intellectual work. The pine aroma invigorates as well as coffee.|
|Relieves swelling, because it helps to remove excess moisture from the cells.|
|Removes mucus from the body, which is important in case of cold. Inhalations with fir oil improve the expectoration process.|
|Reduces pain, which is important in the treatment of arthritis, rheumatic and joint diseases.|
|Relieves stress. Regular use prevents the development of depression|
Essential fir oil selection and storage features
When buying Fir oil pay attention to some points:
- Oil can be purchased in a proven online store, but before buying, read the reviews and decide on the basis of the seller’s rating. Days when qualitative fir needle oil can be bought in pharmacy only are gone, now, on the contrary, in pharmacies they sell diluted products at a low price, such a product can only be used for cosmetic purposes.
- Composition. Carefully examine the label. If the product contains flavorings and/or dyes, do not purchase it. This product is a fake.
- Consistency. High-quality fir oil is quickly absorbed and has a strong fluidity. It is unlikely to be possible to conduct a test before buying, but you can check at home after: drop medicine on paper. If after 10-15 minutes there is appears a greasy spot on the surface, the oil is low-quality, alas.
- Color. Real fir oil has a greenish-yellow tint. If the product has a dark color, it is likely to have deteriorated. A strange shade can be a sign of a fake product.
- Price. Natural fir needle oil should not cost less than 12.00 $ for 30 ml of the product.
The oil is stored in a dark place. The room temperature should not exceed 25°C. the shelf life of the closed product is indicated on the package. After the first use, try to use up the product for six months.
Fir needle oil – Side effects and precautions
Fir oil has an extremely low toxicity, due to which the product practically does not cause side effects. However, the wrong usage or neglecting of contraindications may manifest consequences: redness of the application site, burn mucous membranes, difficulty in breathing, headache, heart palpitations, failures in the functioning of the kidneys.
To reduce the risk of side effects, follow the recommendations:
- Do not use the product in its pure form (except for the treatment of certain diseases). Oil is a powerful agent, so it must be mixed with water or other ingredients.
- Avoid contacting it with mucous membranes (eyes, etc.). If this happens, rinse the affected area with plenty of water.
- If you have pets, do not use the product in the diffuser (aroma lamp). In addition, do not allow the product to get on the skin and hair of the pet. The effect of the oil can negatively affect the health of cats, dogs and other animals and birds.
- Do not exceed the recommended prescription dosages.
- Do not use expired oil. Such an experiment can lead to serious consequences: from mild irritation to serious damage to the treated areas.
- Be sure to do a sensitivity test: apply a little of the product mixed with the basis on the inside of the elbow or wrist. If after 24 hours an allergic reaction (itching, redness, etc.) does not appear, feel free to use the squeeze. The test is always carried out when you buy a product from another manufacturer or prepare a new cosmetic composition based on it. In case of taking it inside, be guided by contraindications, doctor’s advice and your own feelings. If you experience any discomfort, stop using the oil immediately.
- Do not combine the usage of oil with the intake of alcoholic beverages. Alcohol reduces the effectiveness of fir oil and increases its toxicity.
Pay attention to contraindications
Despite its useful properties, fir oil has the following contraindications: kidney disease, epilepsy, gastritis, liver disease, ulcers, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, individual intolerance, pregnancy, children under 5 years of age, diseases of the urinary system.
It is recommended to consult a doctor before using fir oil, even if you do not have the above pathologies. Each organism is individual. The specialist will tell you whether you can use the tool in your case.
All materials provided are for educational purposes only and should not replace medical advice. Results may vary from person to person. All readers are strongly advised to consult and work with an experienced practitioner. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.