Fir essential oil is yellowish green liquid with a mint-lemon aroma. Among the useful substances in its composition there are bisabolene, cadinene, myrcene, camphor, and humulin. The tree grows only in ecological zones, so the product is always of the highest quality. An excellent remedy for colds, skin problems, swelling and inflammation. Fir oil must have a 100% natural composition in order to manifest healing properties and cosmetic effects. In order for fir oil to be useful and tasty, it is necessary to choose it responsibly. If you use a composition with artificial components or a product shelf life of which is expired, you can get the opposite effect.
Proven by researchers use of fir oil:
- strengthens the immune system;
- cleanses the skin;
- eliminates wrinkles;
- activates metabolism;
- relieves swelling;
- eliminates inflammation;
- removes toxins and drosses;
- has an expectorant effect.
Composition of fir needle oil
What is fir oil? Fir – a tree with soft, flat needles. Fir oil is a natural product obtained by distillation from young shoots and cones of fir tree. The main raw material for distillation is needles, the mixture has a pleasant forest aroma, a viscous consistency, and a nutty taste.
Researchers have determined the chemical composition of fir oil:
- the volatile oils.
The therapeutic properties of pine oil
In folk medicine and cosmetology, essential fir oil is the main ingredient for mixtures and compresses that help well against boils and fungal infections. Due to its antiseptic properties, the mixture does not allow bacteria to multiply on the skin. If you have a cold, it is recommended to rub your chest 3 times a day to relieve inflammation.
Treatment with fir oil is used in cases of:
- Catarrhal disease. Inhalations with fir oil are recommended. Add 3 drops of oil to hot water and breathe in vapour for 10 minutes.
- Relieving stress. You need to add 10 drops of oil to water, it is recommended to take a bath no longer than 20 minutes.
- Warms and tones muscles and tissues.
- Problems with the skin. Eliminates inflammation, smoothes wrinkles. You can add 4 drops to your cream or lotion.
This medicine is contraindicated for children under 3 years of age, pregnant women, nursing mothers, as well as for those who have:
- cardiovascular diseases;
- epilepsy attacks;
- skin and muscle tissue injuries.
Fir oil – what is it used for?
In cosmetology, it is known as an anti-keratotic agent, it is used for healing wounds. Helps to eliminate calluses, redness, resuscitates dry skin, removes cracks, eliminates clogging of the pores. Helps to resolve hematomas, so fir oil is still prescribed after operations.
Fir oil has received a very wide application in:
- Helps fight angolite, by suppuration, rash, dermatosis.
- Hair care. Eliminates dandruff, greasy strands, heals the scalp.
- Treatment of inflammation. To cope with the diseases of the respiratory tract, urethritis, cystitis, prostatitis.
- It has a healing, calming effect.
- Thanks to the warming effect, it eliminates the unpleasant effects of hypothermia.
Eye treatment. Removes symptoms of overstrain, relieves fatigue, and even helps restore visual acuity.
Fir oil for hair
Given the set of valuable components, cosmetologists recommend using fir oil for hair. Copes with flaking, dandruff, gives the strands volume and shine, accelerates growth, strengthens the roots. Getting all the necessary set of minerals and nutrients, curls quickly return to normal.
What else does fir essential oil do for hair:
- it relieves inflammation of tissues, heals small scars;
- eliminates increased fat content of strands;
- moisturizes dry curls;
- treats split ends.
Recipe for a revitalizing hair mask
- the fir oil – 3 drops;
- water – 1 tbsp.
- Mix oil with water.
- Apply to hair and hold for 30 minutes.
Fir oil for the face
Fir essential oil is highly valued in cosmetology, due to its antibacterial, anti-aging and cleansing properties. After a course of treatment, the skin becomes taut and velvety. It helps to get rid of acne, rashes, aligns tissues, eliminates early wrinkles by restoring the epithelium.
What for fir healing oil is especially valued:
- protects the epidermis from the effects of free radicals;
- forms new, healthy cells;
- forms collagen, reduces the fragility of blood vessels;
- rejuvenates the skin by saturating it with ascorbic acid.
Recipe of decoction for skin
- fir oil – 3 drops;
- water – 1 tbsp.
- Add oil to warm water and stir.
- Moisten cotton pads and put them on your face.
- Hold for 10 minutes, then wash with warm water.
- The procedure can be repeated 2 times a week.
Fir oil for joints
How valuable fir oil is, its medicinal properties and application, was known even by healers who, until old age, overcame huge distances in search of herbs. We know their secret – they used fir for the treatment of joints: it dissolves salts, cleanses, analgesics, improves blood and lymph circulation.
Recipe of a decoction for baths
- fir oil – 20 drops;
- water – 2 l.
- Dilute the oil in water.
- Pour into a bag, put in a bucket of hot water.
- Put your feet up to your knees in the bag and fix it.
- Hold for 15 minutes while the water in the bucket cools down, pour hot.
- Dry the skin, rub the sore spots with oil.
- The course is estimated for 15 procedures.
Fir oil for fractures
Fir oil is known for its properties and application to experienced traumatologists. It is often recommended to use it for fractures.
Fir oil (extract) helps:
- restore cartilage and slow down the aging process;
- improve blood circulation in soft tissues, including those surrounding joints;
- eliminate pain and swelling;
- get rid of stagnation of lymph and blood;
- remove inflammation;
- improve the condition of joints and strengthen tissues (joint, bone and muscle).
It is used after removing the plaster in baths, massages, compresses.
Recipe of ointment for a compress
- fir oil – 5-6 drops;
- pine gum-20 g;
- olive oil – 2 tablespoons;
- copper sulphate powder – 15 g.
- Mix the ingredients and warm them up for 15 minutes in a water bath.
- Apply a compress for 20 minutes.
- You can lubricate the fracture site 3-4 times a day.
If you follow the rules of use, this product can restore mobility of the joints, partially or completely eliminate unpleasant sensations that occur when moving.
Fir oil from the cold
Thanks to the valuable properties of fir and vaseline, which are available in the composition. This oil is an excellent decontaminator, you can lubricate the bridge of your nose in case of running nose, fir oil helps well when applied inside of nostrils. Rinsing with this additive relieves angina, cough is quickly removed by inhalation and rubbing.
Very effective fir oil inside for:
- chronic rhinitis;
The recipe of nasal drops for running nose
- fir oil – 4-5 drops;
- water – 100 ml.
- Dilute the oil in warm water.
- Drip 1-2 drops 3-4 times a day.
Fir oil for bath
Since ancient times, the properties of fir oil were well known to Siberians, no bath could do without this valuable tool. Steamed with it to get energized, for colds, phytoncides and tannins in the mixture quickly penetrate the pores and have a strong, healing effect. A broom made of fir strengthens the effect of a bath.
For health improvement in the bath use:
- For saturation with vapors, 5 drops per scoop of water, which is poured over hot stones, will be enough.
- Rub the steamed skin with sea salt, then rub the oil, it helps with arthritis, rheumatism, myalgia.
Instructions for checking the oil for naturalness of the composition:
- Pay attention to the color and consistency (it is recommended to check by pouring into a clean glass container). Fir oil with the correct composition is absolutely transparent, there are no impurities or third-party components in it. Color – a light shade of yellow or green, but not saturated. If the temperature falls below 15 degrees Celsius, some turbidity of the composition is allowed, but when heated, it should again become transparent.
- Check the percentage of fat content. To do this, a drop of fir oil is applied to a clean white sheet of paper and checked after drying. If there is a greasy trace, it means that the composition is not natural and is diluted with other fatty oils (vegetable or olive). 100% of the fir composition has no fatty impurities, and it will not leave any traces.
- Hear the scent. The natural extract has a pleasant coniferous aroma that is constantly changing (this fact is explained by the fact that its various components evaporate at an uneven rate). Sharp notes and unpleasant impurities in the aroma of fir oil should not be smelled.
All materials provided are for educational purposes only and should not replace medical advice. Results may vary from person to person. All readers are strongly advised to consult and work with an experienced practitioner. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.